Save the Date!
Join us for the 23nd Annual Marmaduke Dent Benefit on September 21, 2018 at The Erickson Alumni Center at Statler Wilson Commons.
Check out our 2017 menu below!
- Chicken Tortilla
- Fire Roasted Wild Mushroom
- Smoked Brisket 3 Bean Chili
- Roasted Beet Salad with Artisan Greens, Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
- Chop House Salad with Bacon Crumbles, Egg, Smoked Cheddar and Croutons
- Grandma’s Potato Salad
- Assorted Breads and Dinner Rolls
- Beer Braised Beef Brisket with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
- Smoked Bone in Pork Chops with Sweet Onion Jam
- Grilled Chicken Laredo with Roasted Tomatoes, Avocados, Poblano Peppers and Queso
- Pan Seared Wild Salmon with Green Chile Hollandaise
- Ten Spiced Dry Rubbed Pork Ribs with Yuengling Barbecue
- Southwestern Creamed Corn
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Asparagus with a Chili Lime Butter
- White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
- Parmesan Risotto with Brandied Button Mushrooms
- Chocolate Sheet Birthday Cake served with Ice Cream
- Assorted Fruit and Cream Pies
- Warm Toffee Caramel Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Caramel Apple Granny
Thank you to last year's sponsors!
- Brickstreet Insurance
- United Bank
- MVB Bank
- Morgantown Printing and Binding
- The Thrasher Group
- Bob and Malene Davis
- WVU College of Business & Economics
- FNB Wealth Management Group
- Freedom Automotive
- Wayne and Kathy Richards
- North Central
- Dr. Timothy and Victoria Sears
- Debbie and Mike Hart
- Jim Bill and Sharon Harvey
Who is Marmaduke H. Dent?
Marmaduke H. Dent was born in Monongalia County in the town of Granville on April 18, 1849. West Virginia University opened in 1867, and he became the first WVU graduate in 1870 and the first president of the WVU Alumni Association.
After a lifetime of career achievements – among them a deputy clerk, a lawyer, and a judge on the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals – Marmaduke H. Dent possessed true Mountaineer spirit.
In 1993, the Marmaduke Dent Society, which provides sustaining support for alumni programs and operations, was founded in honor of Mr. Dent.
The Marmaduke H. Dent Society
Founded in 1993, the Marmaduke H. Dent Society recognizes the thoughtful generosity of those loyal benefactors of the West Virginia University Alumni Association who want to continue the Association’s traditions by providing additional financial support for the future of the organization.
Named for WVU’s first graduate and first president of the Alumni Association, the Dent Society recognizes lifetime cumulative giving through membership donation levels ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 or more. Contributions are invested in an endowment to ensure a steady stream of income, and only the earnings from the endowment are expended.
The Dent Society provides sustaining support for alumni programs and operations, including long-term support determined by the WVU Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Qualifying donors to the Dent Society receive appropriate acknowledgment with a plaque inside The Erickson Alumni Center, invitations to annual Dent Society events, listing in alumni publications, recognition for all Foundation giving levels, and invitations to special athletic events.
All gifts should be made to The Dent Society, WVU Foundation (Tax Identification Number 55-6017181) for the benefit of the WVU Alumni Association.