Marmaduke dent benefit
Kick off the Big 12 season with the 23rd Annual Marmaduke Dent Benefit on September 21, 2018 at The Erickson Alumni Center at Statler Wilson Commons.
It's time for Mountaineers to Come Together to Twist and Shout at the 23rd annual Marmaduke H. Dent Benefit on September 21, 2018 starting at 6:00pm at the Erickson Alumni Center in Statler Wilson Commons.
It Won't Be Long until you're dancing Here, There and Everywhere to the Rock and Roll Music of Britishmania, the World's Best Beatles Tribute Band. The Dent Society allows the WVU Alumni Association to keep Getting Better by providing support for alumni programs – We all need a little help from our friends. .
Sometimes All You Need is Love, cocktails, live music and a 60s themed dinner, all of which you'll find during this Good Night.
You won't want to miss this opportunity to be All Together Now (Okay that was a stretch), Because Something like this doesn't happen Eight Days a Week.
- Mini Beef Wellingtons
- Asiago Cheese Straws
- Antipasto Skewers
- Pastry Wrapped Cocktail Franks
- Chicken Liver Rumakis
- Cheese Fondue Station with Assorted Dippers
- Swedish Style Meatballs w/Herbed Spätzles and Homestyle Green Beans
- Chicken Kiev with Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Seafood Newburg with Puff Pastry
- Cornflake Crusted Eastern Shore Cod with Hotel Butter Toasted Pistachio Wild Rice Pilaf
- Sicilian Pork Milanese, Bordelaise Sauce
- 6 Cheese Stuffed Black Angus Meatloaf, Yuengling B.B.Q
- White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese Station with Assorted Toppings
- Wedge Salad with Crispy Applewood Bacon, Gorgonzola Crumbles and Roasted Tomatoes
- Seasonal Mixed Greens with Green Goddess Dressing
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad w/ Marshmallows and Toasted Coconut
- Country Style Deviled Eggs
- Vegetable Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery Sticks Deviled Ham Salad with Crostinis
- Black Forest Trifle
- Cream Puffs and Eclairs
- Luscious Lemon Bars
- Oreo Cookie Mousse
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Apple Strudel
- Berry Cobbler
- Chocolate Fondue w/ Assorted Dippers
Thank you to THIS year's sponsors!
- Brightline Interactive
- LHTC Media Stations
- Morgantown Printing and Binding
- Mountaineer Taphouse | Par Mar
- Panhandle Cleaning and Restoration
- The Hartley Law Group
- BrickStreet Insurance
- Energy Transportation LLC
- Hendrickson and Long, PLLC
- Allstate Insurance
- Sarah Biller
- Capital Wealth Advisors
- Cheslock Insurance
- Elite Bridal
- Little General Stores
- Mona Supply Company
- MPE Rentals
- North Central Distributors
- Northeast Natural Energy
- Wayne and Kathy Richards
- David Silverstein
- SLS Land and Energy Development
- The Thrasher Group
- United Bank
- WVU College of Business and Economics
- WVU School of Nursing
Who is Marmaduke H. Dent?
Marmaduke H. Dent was born in Monongalia County in the town of Granville on April 18, 1849. West Virginia University opened in 1867, and he became the first WVU graduate in 1870 and the first president of the WVU Alumni Association.
After a lifetime of career achievements – among them a deputy clerk, a lawyer, and a judge on the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals – Marmaduke H. Dent possessed true Mountaineer spirit.
In 1993, the Marmaduke Dent Society, which provides sustaining support for alumni programs and operations, was founded in honor of Mr. Dent.
The Marmaduke H. Dent Society
Founded in 1993, the Marmaduke H. Dent Society recognizes the thoughtful generosity of those loyal benefactors of the West Virginia University Alumni Association who want to continue the Association’s traditions by providing additional financial support for the future of the organization.
Named for WVU’s first graduate and first president of the Alumni Association, the Dent Society recognizes lifetime cumulative giving through membership donation levels ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 or more. Contributions are invested in an endowment to ensure a steady stream of income, and only the earnings from the endowment are expended.
The Dent Society provides sustaining support for alumni programs and operations, including long-term support determined by the WVU Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Qualifying donors to the Dent Society receive appropriate acknowledgment with a plaque inside The Erickson Alumni Center, invitations to annual Dent Society events, listing in alumni publications, recognition for all Foundation giving levels, and invitations to special athletic events.
All gifts should be made to The Dent Society, WVU Foundation (Tax Identification Number 55-6017181) for the benefit of the WVU Alumni Association.