Loyalty Permanent Endowment Fund
Each year, the WVU Alumni Association, through the Loyalty Permanent Endowment Fund Scholarship program, awards more than 400 scholarships to deserving students. Thanks to the generous support of alumni and friends, future Mountaineers will be able to achieve their dreams and receive a first-class education at West Virginia University.
The LPEF supports a number of individual scholarships. Each year, approximately 400 scholarships will be awarded through the LPEF to deserving students, including valedictorians, student body presidents and other deserving Mountaineers.
Who is eligible to be considered for a Loyalty Permanent Endowment Fund Scholarship?
Students eligible for the LPEF scholarship must:
- Demonstrate a financial need;
- Be in adequate academic standing, with a minimum GPA of 2.75;
- Demonstrate good citizenship, as outlined in his/her extracurricular activities; and
- Legally reside in West Virginia.
- High school or university transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- A letter from your principal or advisor
- Two letters from citizens of your community who are not officially identified with the school system
Upon receipt of the above requested material, an applicant file is established. Applications are submitted to the Trust Committee for evaluation in March and awards are made in May or June. Notification by an award letter will be sent to those receiving a scholarship.
There is no legal obligation to make repayment, only a moral one to repay the Fund when you become financially able in order that some other deserving young West Virginian may be similarly helped.
Thank you for your interest in the Loyalty Permanent Endowment Scholarship program. To find out how you can support the Loyalty Permanent Endowment Fund, contact us at 304-293-4731. All donations can be submitted to the Loyalty Permanent Endowment Fund, c/o WVU Alumni Association, PO Box 4269, Morgantown, WV 26504-4269.
For more information, contact Kevin Berry at 304-293-4731.