GETTING INVOLVED IN A CHAPTER
The West Virginia University Alumni Association has more than 100 chapters and constituent groups located in 29 states plus the District of Columbia to help keep alumni and friends engaged and involved in the life of WVU.
The Alumni Association provides quality programs and services to alumni members and acts as a resource for extending the University’s presence worldwide. Our chapters are a big part of our outreach programs and initiatives. Chapters help to foster a sense of community — both on and off campus — by cultivating lasting relationships and enriching positive support and loyalty to West Virginia University.
Each and every chapter strives to incorporate five major principles into their organization:
- Service: Many chapters are making a positive impact on their community by doing community service projects such as Habitat for Humanity, Adopt-A-Street and other worthwhile programs.
- Student Recruitment: From time to time, chapters are asked to serve as admissions representatives in their area. This is a great place for alumni to meet the next generation of Mountaineers and to share their experiences with them. Making that personal connection truly makes a difference.
- Scholarships: Our chapters raise money to provide scholarships for local students who wish to attend West Virginia University.
- Social: Chapters often hold social functions to help our alumni stay in touch with fellow alumni in their area. This is a great way to relive the past, network with fellow alumni or just catch up on what is happening in the University City.
- Mentoring/Career Networking: The WVU Alumni Association and its members offer advice, guidance and support to other alumni and students. In addition, many chapters are developing networking opportunities for new grads and fellow alumni.