Ms. Biller is very active in the FinTech community. She is an Entrepreneur, Advisor, Investor and teaches a graduate level course on the evolution of Financial Technology at Brandeis University. Ms. Biller studied Finance at West Virginia University and George Washington University.
She is the co-Founder of the FinTech Sandbox and currently sits on its Advisory Board. She also sits on the Advisory Board of multiple start-ups and national organizations, including;
- A new generation RoboAdvisor, FinMason;
- A trading platform for Bitcoin Options, Alt-Options, LLC (acquired);
- A FX and currency trading management platform, Wise Trading;
- A smart contract Blockchain platform, Adjoint.
Ms. Biller was also most recently the Head of Innovation Ventures at State Street Bank’s Global Exchange division and its Chief Operating Officer for Innovation. In this role, Ms. Biller had responsibility for;
- Developing and implementing the New Product Development process, including leading “new from new” innovation efforts that leveraged large scale data science, machine learning, natural language processing and predictive analytics
- Conceptualizing, building and commercializing new products for the Information Services and Advisory global client base which represented asset managers, alternative asset managers, pension funds and central monetary authorities
- Engaging and investing in global technology partners and start-ups and the integrating their emerging technologies into Global Exchange’s product and distribution capabilities
- Leading the creation and / or purchase of proprietary datasets, including the client consent data process and the development of processes, procedures and technology applications to ensure meeting standards set by audit, compliance and legal
- Incorporating extensive knowledge of emerging technologies, analytics platforms, and coding to ensure new product integrity
- Participating in conversations with clients, strategic partners and thought leaders that increased State Street’s reputation as an innovative and forward-looking firm.
Prior to joining State Street, Ms. Biller has been a Principal in the launch of several successful venture-backed start-ups in the FinTech and Life Sciences sectors. Most recently she was the Co-Founder and President of Capital Market Exchange (CMX), a venture-backed predictive analytics platform utilizing investor sentiment to help bond investors anticipate near-term changes in spreads.
Ms. Biller has also held roles at Fidelity Investments; worked on MCI’s corporate venture team; and launched and led research divisions for Fortune 500 CFO’s and treasurers at the Corporate Executive Board. She is also supportive of the arts and plays tennis competitively.